Friday 24 February 2012

Gardening Dreams

Yesterday was a really beautifully warm day. I've designed my garden plan, ordered my seeds and a brand new windowsill propagator, and I couldn't wait to get started. Except... my seeds haven't arrived yet.

Nevertheless, there were still signs of Spring all around.

The chives were springing up, and the parsley has miraculously survived the winter!



Crocuses were opening in the flower bed and tulips were pushing up their green spikes.




Another winter miracle, my Romanescue broccoli, seems to be producing a flower head. It did nothing all last Summer, and I was too lazy to dig it up. Do I dare home my laziness might reward me?

 The Swiss Chard is coming back to life after the frost.
 And the rhubarb is pushing through! I had to search hard for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment